Thursday, October 20, 2011

October

October is my favorite month of the year. Obviously Samhain is always a good time, but there are many other reason for my affinity towards this time of the year. The weather is perfect in my opinion. It is just cold enough to wear your favorite sweater or jacket, but not so cold that you cannot stand being outside. (Granted it never really goes below 20 degrees in my neck of the woods.) The sunsets become way more spectacular, and the rain clears away the smog so the stars become a lot more visible at night. Camping during this time of the year is great because the heavy rains have not arrived yet, and its cold enough to set a roaring fire in your fire pit. The yellow and red leaves just seem to put my mind at ease. One of the best aspects, however, is that now I get to break out the heavy blankets and quilts for my bed. There is no more comforting feeling than a warm bed when its cold, except maybe a little apple cider and a book to go along with the warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment